most recent posts
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 by MWD Editor
This report examines Danish rail operator DSB’s use of social gamification technologies from Echo.it to help motivate employees and change the company culture to one focused on staff confidence, proactivity and customer focus.
MWD case study reports are designed to help organisations considering or actively working with collaboration software understand how others have worked to obtain benefits from collaboration implementation, and how they have worked to overcome challenges that have arisen along the way. All MWD’s case study reports follow a standard model, and are researched using a standard process which is driven by senior MWD analysts.
- Founded in 1885, Danish state-owned railway firm DSB is the largest train operator in Scandinavia, carrying around 550,000 passengers each day.
- Against a background of poor staff morale, DSB needed a way to motivate employees and develop a more proactive and customer-focused culture where performance is celebrated rather than questioned.
- The company decided to implement a social gamification platform where staff could share customer stories and best practices to reinforce and highlight the positive aspects of the organisational culture and enthuse staff to behave in a more confident, competent way, and to shout more about what they do well.
Table of contents:
- Case study key facts
- Company background
- Project background
- Implementation characteristics and status
- The approach
- The results
- Recommendations for adopters
- Best practice insights
This report is available to paying advisory service subscribers (how to subscribe), or can be purchased separately (see the report’s library page for more information). You can find the report here in our library.