European collaboration market survey, 1H09
In this report, we examine the levels of adoption of collaborative working practices and collaboration software tools within European organisations, and offer best practice advice based on the findings of our recent collaboration market survey. The survey gathered responses from business and IT managers from 200 European organisations across seven vertical industries, on their collaboration practices, perceptions and technology usage, and was carried out in April and May 2009.
- Collaboration practice continues to spread within organisations
- Instant messaging is no longer a niche technology
- Organisations see video as the next collaboration software priority
- The collaboration software market overall appears poised for substantial growth
- Organisations remain unconvinced about social software
- Collaboration investment remains stable, but in-house solutions remain the preferred choice
- Ensure you are governing the use of collaboration software, and clarify your position on SaaS.
table of contents
- Despite the economy, the trend towards collaboration continues
- Technology adoption remains limited
- Maintaining collaboration investment
- Best Practice Insights
- About the research study.