Software AG's integration plans for IDS-Scheer
The purchase of IDS-Scheer is the latest in a line of acquisitions that reflect a profound change in Software AG's strategy over the last couple of years. From its founding in 1968, the company went 35 years without making an acquisition; by contrast, in the last two years Software AG has acquired six companies - spending over $1.3 billion in the process. Software AG is becoming a lot more aggressive and has a clear vision: to be a top-tier enterprise software technology provider. In this report we analyse this latest acquisition and highlight the key integration points that Software AG is planning to use to pull together elements of its enlarged product portfolio.
- The acquisition of IDS-Scheer highlights Software AG's long-term strategy
- The acquisition highlights vendor recognition that more can be done to engage business executives
- Product and technology integration plans are already well-advanced.
table of contents
- Beyond technology: capturing strategic ground
- Market and customer implications.