Implementing online communities
As organisations increasing look to online communities to improve knowledge sharing and relationship building both inside and outside their organisation, there is a growing appetite for practical guidance and the sharing of lessons learned by those who have already implemented successful online communities. This report, which is part of a series of MWD reports analysing online communities for business, provides advice to organisations considering investing in this area based on the experiences of early adopters.
- Clear goals and good facilitation are the key to a successful online community
- Avoid heavy-handed moderation
- Online communities are a long-term investment ? a successful initiative will take time
- Calculating ROI is not impossible, but it needs some upfront planning.
table of contents
- Practical considerations for an online communities initiative.