ActuateOne: aiming for the 'suite' spot
Last month Actuate unleashed a slew of products announcements that are wrapped up under an umbrella brand ActuateOne - a unified product suite for developing and deploying reporting, analytic and dashboard applications. The suite leverages the open source Eclipse project, BIRT, and utilises the core capabilities of Actuate 11, the company's commercial BI offering for large scale and higher performance user deployments. The release is part of Actuate's strategy to galvanise company growth and demonstrate leadership in BI and information applications - solutions that deliver high levels of interactive and dynamic content to increase ease-of-use and accelerate adoption.
- Actuate leverages its open source and enterprise vendor credentials to expand reach of ActuateOne
- Improving developer productivity remains a key tenet of ActuateOne but the data integration effort should not be overlooked
- ActuateOne is a step in the right direction but the company still has challenges to overcome.
table of contents
- Leveraging its open source and enterprise vendor credentials
- Developer productivity remains a key tenet but the data integration effort should not be overlooked
- New in-memory and dashboard capabilities increase reach of ActuateOne
- Expanding deployment options via the cloud
- A step in the right direction but Actuate still has challenges ahead.