In Brief: SAP HANA - betting big on in-memory
In this analysis Helena Schwenk reports back from SAP's TechEd event with news of the company's High-performance Analytic Appliance (HANA) and looks at how it fits into SAP's existing analytics portfolio as well as with other systems.
- SAP highlights its on-going commitment to in-memory computing
- HANA can work as a 'non disruptive' in-memory operational BI appliance
- Data quality issues can pervade all BI systems, whether in-memory or not
- Understanding the relationship between HANA and BW & BWA is not straightforward
- This is a 1.0 release of HANA
- however SAP doesn?t lack in-memory computing ambitions.
Published: 15 Sep 2010