IBM Cognos 10 - moving beyond traditional BI
IBM has finally taken the wrappers off Cognos 10, the latest generation of its Business Analytics software. This is an important release for the company not only because it expands the capabilities of Cognos beyond the traditional domains of Business Intelligence and planning but also because it demonstrates tighter integration with other assets in the IBM software portfolio. Both are designed to widen the mass appeal of Cognos software and enhance the capabilities for user engagement. This report examines the role Cognos 10 plays in IBM's Business Analytics strategy and assesses how the new capabilities and features within Cognos 10 will help deliver on this vision.
- Business Analytics breathes life into IBM's Smarter Planet initiative
- Cognos 10 is the umbrella term used for a series of Business Analytics releases
- Business Insight is the new 'face' of Cognos 10
- Analytic and collaboration features take Cognos 10 beyond BI
- Active Reports extends the audience of Cognos 10 for both online and offline users
- Lifecycle Manager brings significant improvements to the upgrade process.
table of contents
- Business Analytics is a key enabler for IBM?s Smarter Planet initiative
- Cognos is a core component of BAO strategy
- Redefining the user experience with Business Insight
- Bringing collaboration into the decision making process
- IBM Cognos TM1 takes centre stage for planning Cognos TM1
- Driving differentiation through analytics ? but still a work in progress
- Untethering BI for the mobile workforce
- Enhancing support for query performance and lifecycle management
- What should I do?