On the Radar: Birst
Birst is a multi-tenant Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider of data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), and analytics for both public and private cloud deployments. This On the Radar briefing note follows a simple "ten questions" format, which we designed to provide a concise but thorough overview of a company and its products and services. We use this format to focus on the capability and suitability of specialist vendors – to help you build the best possible vendor shortlists when looking to make new technology investments.
- Birst provides a suite of BI and analytic capabilities covering ETL, data warehousing, query, reporting, multi-dimensional analysis and dashboards that are available as public or private cloud deployments.
- Birst is a horizontal industry offering. Customer deployments range in size with some customers having just a few thousand rows of data, whereas others may have terabytes.
- There are two specific developments of particular interest.
- Birst is focusing on enhancing its collaborative, visualisation capabilities and support for Big Data in 2012.
table of contents
- What does it do?
- Who is it for?
- Why is it interesting?
- How established is it?
- How open is it?
- Who does it partner with?
- Are there areas for improvement?
- What's next?
- Should I consider it?