Social analytics vendor profile: SAS Social Media Analytics
SAS Social Media Analytics is a hosted offering designed to help marketing organisations capture, monitor and understand online conversations occurring across social networking and review sites, blog postings as well as internal customer data sources such as call centre transcripts. The company's own text mining and sentiment analysis technology primarily underpin these capabilities. This report provides an overview of SAS's software and service capabilities in this space.
- SAS Social Media Analytics provides good support for monitoring and understanding both internal as well as external social media data sources
- SAS has a blended approach to sentiment analysis but customisation is required to reap the most value
- Pre-defined taxonomies can help kick start a social analytic effort
- Support for engaging with customers/prospects is basic
table of contents
- Market positioning
- Technology overview
- Company background
- Channel and partner strategy
- Services and support
attention all UK government employees!
If you're a UK government employee you can get access to all our premium research resources online. Find out more >>