Collaboration case study: Avanade
This report examines global IT services provider Avanade's enterprise collaboration initiative, Avanade Fabric, and its implementation of a social intranet platform based on Microsoft SharePoint and NewsGator Social Sites.
MWD Advisors case study reports are designed to help organisations considering or actively working with collaboration software understand how others have worked to obtain benefits from collaboration implementation, and how they have worked to overcome challenges that have arisen along the way. All our case study reports follow a standard model, and are researched using a standard process which is driven by senior MWD Advisors analysts.
- Founded in 2000 as a joint venture between Microsoft and Accenture, Avanade is provider of business technology solutions and managed services, specialising in Microsoft technologies.
- As a fast-growing company that depends on the knowledge and skills of its employees to deliver consulting services to its clients, Avanade needed to find a way to better connect its staff and centralise its knowledge across its globally-distributed organisation.
- As part of a global programme to drive business change and develop a more collaborative culture, Avanade decided to upgrade its existing Microsoft SharePoint-based intranet to deliver a more interactive environment that takes advantage of new social technologies. The rollout and gradual launch of the company's new social intranet, called @Avanade, began in September 2011, with the final migration of existing email-based communities to the new platform completing in May 2012.
table of contents
- Case study key facts
- Company background
- Project background
- Implementation characteristics and status
- The approach
- The results
- Recommendations for adopters
- Best practice insights
attention all UK government employees!
If you're a UK government employee you can get access to all our premium research resources online. Find out more >>