Big Data: What is it and why should I care?
Many organisations are sitting on potential goldmines of hard-to-access data that's long been too costly to surface by traditional means. In addition, they're more than likely facing a deluge of new data every day from a multitude of internal and external sources – or missing out on it all together. Any of this data could hold the key to game-changing business insights or efficiency improvement… if you were only able to get to know it better.
If you're responsible for the IT infrastructure that gets the right data to the right analytics tools in your organisation at the right time, to keep your business ahead of the game, this report is for you. In it we aim to provide you with a concise introduction to Big Data and why it's becoming more of a concern for organisations that want to leverage their investments to drive more value out of their (and other people's) data.
- Big Data is a relative concept, but it should always be a game-changer
- Big Data can help businesses of all sizes step up to the next level of digital transformation
- The CIO is at the nexus of Big Data for your business
table of contents
- Top 3 takeaways
- What is Big Data?
- Why is it important?
- Why is it interesting now?
- Why do I need to know about this?